PROMO COPY OF MAG
DREAM TEEN (DTM) is a fundamental source for the teen and tween. DTM brings the success stories, dreams and aspirations of our youth to the pages of our publication. We showcase local talent as well as celebrity status. DTM has been a positive force for our inside talent. Every teen or tween that has been in the Star Program, modeled or interviewed for a feature story, has gone to the next level in the industry and desired goal.
The publication is produced by a passionate and skilled team and is a showcase of our amazing youth–our future:
- Teen & Youth CEOs
- Teen & Youth Entrepreneurs
- Ivy League Students
- Budding Stars
- Local Talent
- Famous Celebrities
- Sports & Community Culture
- College & Scholarship Awareness
- Inspirational Poems & Letters
- Fashion Models
Our vision is to produce a magazine that is described in one word “Sensational.” Through using highly skilled journalist and photographers who have a passion for their profession, we are able to present stories and images that inform and inspire you. We believe there is a niche for our brand. DREAM TEEN Magazine, will have the appeal, longevity and competitive edge to thrive in the marketplace.
DREAM TEEN Magazine is a quarterly publication that features a powerful digital interactive magazine. DTM delivers stellar content and creates an exceptional reading experience for viewers. Its carefully designed online viewer has realistic flipping effects and user friendly magnifying and panning features. The special print version (MagCloud) is in a high quality format with an 80 pound extra glossy cover. The 52+ pages are a 60 pound glossy texture.Our advertising include but not limited to : traditional mass print advertising, online advertising, grassroots/word-of-mouth and social media.
About the Publication
- DREAM TEEN Magazine is a premium, glossy publication with a focus ton high quality and presentation.
- Our magazine targets our youth and their parents–both men and women from urban and rural sectors across the country and well beyond.
- Our team is strong, skilled, committed and passionate about our youth–our future–the high achiever and aim to encourage readers to feel proud about their culture and heritage in which they have emerged.
- We are able to offer extremely competitive advertising rates. Compare our prices to any similar publication with the same quality brand and you will be pleasantly surprised! We are here to promote your business in the most cost effective way.
- 4 issues per year in SPRING/SUMMER/FALL/WINTER, giving maximum exposure for advertisers through our mediums. The digital and print is released the first of the month for each quarter. Each magazine will be on social media platforms and available for print for thee months allowing maximum exposure and brand presence.
- Complimentary copies of the magazine are given to guest at regional events and promotions. Our team seeks ways and work closely with local council and educational enrichment programs.
- We are continually pursing new opportunities to broaden our audience and make mutually beneficial links with regional bodies whose aim is to evaluate the profile and promote our youth.
Spring 2017 (April – June): Prom Issue – AD CLOSE: February 18, 2017
Find the perfect prom wear for skin tones, this issue introduces teen designer, full of tips for college, fashion and beauty.
Summer 2017 (July – September): Summer Fun & Back to School Issue – AD CLOSE: May 31, 2017
Back to school topics, this issue is full of our favorite seasonal beauty and fashion finds for school. Tips for healthy eating and college awareness, book reviews!
Fall 2016 (October – December): Holiday Fun Issue – AD CLOSE: July 30, 2017
DREAM TEEN Magazine celebrates the season of giving, tips on giving and gift ideas. Tips for school break to stay busy, college preparation tips, book reviews and entertainment.
Winter 2018 (January – February): New Year – AD CLOSE: December 15, 2017
New Year tips and resolutions, spring tips for fashion, and beauty, what hot in the movie and theater.
*Editorial Calendar is subject to change
(Target Market 8-40 years old)
MEDIA – 2017
– 22,000 + readers
– Distribute to various workshops and conferences for DREAM TEEN Magazine, and others
DREAM TEEN Magazine is now on 4 leading digital newsstands
Also available – Print on demand
– 50,000 + readership
– Available on iTunes (Magzter.com) FREE for download
– Website www.dreamteenmagazine.com launched May 2014
FILE FORMATS ACCEPTED
We accept high resolution CMYK 300dpi JPG Note: Proofread all ads before submission, DREAM TEEN does not edit any ads
Digital File Type: PDF and jpg ONLY. All digital files must conform to SWOP Specifications.
Please confirm due dates in advance of advertiser/ agency/engraver production planning. All materials should be at our office no later than the closing dates unless you have been given an extension by Ad Services. All extensions must be confirmed in writing. Extensions are given for individual advertisers on a per issue basis. If you are in doubt about an extension, please call us ASAP.
We do not accept inserts at this time.
FOR QUESTIONS ON MATERIAL EXTENSIONS AND RUN-OF-BOOK ADS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Dream.email@example.com FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ON FILE FORMAT, SPECS AND AD PORTAL, PLEASE CONTACT:
Qualified full-run advertisements will appear in portrait- only within the DREAM TEEN Tablet editions in one of three formats:
Advertisers can activate one URL to trigger an in-app browser
DESIGNED FOR TABLET — DFT
Ad has been designed for reading on the tablet
- Designed to be read at 100%
- Optimized creative
- Advertisers can activate one URL to trigger an in-app
ENHANCED FOR TABLET — EFT**
Ad can include enhancements and bonus content optimized for tablet and activated using up to three (3) hotspots, which may include:
- Advertisers can activate three URLs to trigger
an in-app browser
Using platform-native reader software, DREAM TEEN digital editions will be designed specifically for all leading tablet operating systems.
• iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Barnes & Noble Nook Color, and Kindle Fire
MECHANICAL SPECIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The following information specifies the size and type of file formats, proofs and media we accept, general guidelines and contact information. DREAM TEEN printed offset; perfect-bound.
Print Ready Artwork
We welcome advertising artwork provided by clients, prepared to our specifications below.
- Finished artwork to be email via wetransfere to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jpg preferred, do we accept PDF for full page (we will not accept Word or publisher files).
- Files should be saved as CMYK colour format, all fonts outlined and artwork flattened.
- Where a bleed is required (full page only), artwork should also include a 0.125 in ‘safe area’ to allow for page gutter.
PUBLICATION TRIM SIZE
Mirror Images: No mirror images in spread without prior approval.
Trim Size: 8.25 X 10.75 Binding: Perfect
Top: 0.125” Inside: 0” Bottom: 0.125” Outside: 0.25”
Page Size (Non-Bleed)
Full page: 7” x10”
2/3 page vertical : 4.25” x 10”
1/2 page vertical: 3.75” x 10”
1/2 page horizontal: 7.125” x 4.625”
1/3 page vertical: 2.125” x 10”
Page Size (Bleed)
Full page: 8.25” x 10.75
2/3 page vertical: 5.25” x 10.75” 1/2 page vertical: 4.125” x 10.75” 1/2 page horizontal: 8.25” x 5.375” 1/3 page vertical: 2.875” x 10.75”
RUNNING SPECIAL SUMMER RATES
RATES FOR ADVERTISING – 3- Month Package Available
All prices are gross, rates effective through December 31, 2016. please contact our office at (470) 589-1090
PRINT VERSION also includes Full page & half page ads
ONE FULL COVER PAGE AD $ 700
2-PAGE SPREAD $ 945
FULL PAGE $700 – $850
2/3 PAGE $ 525
1/2 PAGE $ 455
1/3 PAGE $ 315
2 COVER $ 840
3 Cover $ 805
4 COVER $ 910
CLASSIFIED Display ad is $ 60
The following are certain general terms and conditions governing advertising published in the U.S. print and digital editions of DREAM TEEN Magazine (the “Magazine”) published by DREAM TEEN Communications Inc. (the “Publisher”).
1. Rates are lower than the average total audited circulation, However, as magazine subscription and audience base increase announcement of any change in rates and/or circulation rate base will be made in advance of the Magazine’s advertising sales close date of the first issue to which such rates and/or circulation rate base will be applicable. The Magazine Rate Card specifies the publication schedule of the Magazine, and its on-sale dates.
2. For Full 2-page spread and full page ad, advertiser running a full-run qualifying advertisement in the Magazine will automatically run in the print and digital edition of the Magazine, unless the advertiser explicitly opt-outs in writing of running in the digital edition, either on the insertion order or via email, by no later than the ad close date. In the event advertiser opts-out of running in the digital edition of the Magazine for any reason other than legal or regulatory considerations that advertiser reasonably believes would prevent the advertisement from running in the digital edition, such advertiser’s ad placement will no
longer be deemed a “full-run” buy, and advertiser would therefore not be entitled to the benefits of advertising on a full-run basis (by way of example and not limitation, the advertisement would not be eligible for credits and may not be considered for premium placement). Certain advertisements that are not standard and/or full-page run-of-book advertisements may not qualify to run in the digital version, including but not limited to, scented units, non-standard fractional (such as fractionals that are less than 1/3 page) and business reply cards. Please consult the Publisher for details. If an advertiser elects to opt-out of the digital edition, such opt-out will apply to all devices and platforms.
With respect to the digital edition of the Magazine, depending on the device and/or platform on which it is viewed, the Magazine may be viewed in one of two formats: (i) a straight from print magazine format, which is an exact reproduction of the design and content of the print version of the Magazine (the “Straight From Print Magazine Version”) or (ii) a designed for tablet/enhanced for tablet magazine format, in which the design of the Magazine has been optimized for viewing on the device on which it is displayed (the “Designed For Tablet Magazine Version”). Please consult the Publisher for details.
Qualifying advertisements, depending on various factors, including but not limited to the device and/or platform on which they are viewed, may be viewed in one of three formats: (i) “straight from print advertising format” or “SFP” where the page on screen looks exactly like the advertisement appearing in the print edition; (ii) “designed for tablet advertising format” or “DFT” where the same creative has been resupplied and designed for optimal reading on the device and/or platform and is meant to be displayed at 100%; and (iii) “enhanced for tablet advertising format” or “EFT” where an advertisement has added enhancements and bonus content to transform the print content to more fully utilize the digital medium (e.g., hotspots, photo slide shows, video, audio, in-app browser, etc.).
Qualifying advertisements running in the Straight From Print Magazine Version or the Designed For Tablet Magazine Version of the digital edition of the Magazine will automatically run in a straight from print advertising format. If an advertiser wishes to include its qualifying advertisement in the digital edition in a format other than straight from print (i.e., designed for tablet advertising format or enhanced for tablet advertising format), it must so indicate prominently on the insertion order by the ad close date. Designed for tablet advertising format or enhanced for tablet advertising format may not be available on all platforms or devices. Please consult the Publisher for details.
With respect to qualifying advertisements in a straight from print advertising format, if a URL exists in the print creative, such URL shall be automatically activated unless advertiser notifies Publisher otherwise in writing; if the print creative has multiple URLs, Publisher shall activate the brand’s main URL unless notified otherwise in writing. With respect to qualifying advertisements in a “designed for tablet” advertising format, if such advertising creative contains one URL, Publisher shall automatically activate that URL; if the advertisement contains more than one URL, Publisher shall activate the brand’s main URL.
3. With respect to national advertisements that are less than a full-page but equal to or greater than 1/3 page that are running in the digital edition of the Designed For Tablet Magazine Version, such advertisements will be framed by white space unless they are upgraded to a full page. Please consult the Publisher for details regarding the opportunity to upgrade such advertisement. National advertisements that are less than a full- page that are running in the digital edition of the Straight From Print Magazine Version shall appear as they appeared in the print edition of the Magazine.
4. Advertisers may not cancel orders for, or make changes in, advertising after the closing dates of the Magazine.
5. The Publisher is not responsible for errors or omissions in any advertising materials provided by the advertiser or its agency (including errors in key numbers) or for changes made after closing dates.
6. The Publisher may reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time. Advertisements simulating the Magazine’s editorial material in appearance or style or that are not immediately identifiable as advertisements are not acceptable.
- All advertisements, including without limitation those for which the Publisher has provided creative services, are accepted and published in the Magazine subject to the representation by the agency and advertiser that they are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof in all applicable editions, formats and derivations of the Magazine and that such publication will not violate any law, regulation or advertising code or infringe upon any right of any party. In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and agency will, jointly and severally, indemnify, defend and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all losses and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of the publication of such advertisements in all applicable editions, formats and derivations of the Magazine, including, without limitation, those arising from third party claims or suits for defamation, copyright or trademark infringement, misappropriation, unfair competition, violation of the Lanham Act or any rights of privacy or publicity, or any unfair
- commercial practice or misleading advertising or impermissible comparative advertising or from any and all claims or regulatory breaches now known or hereafter devised or created (collectively “Claims”). In the event the Publisher has agreed to provide contest or sweepstakes management services, email design or distribution or other promotional services in connection with an advertising commitment by advertiser, all such services are performed upon the warranty of the agency and advertiser that they will, jointly and severally, indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all Losses arising out of the
2015 MAGAZINE ADVERTISING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONT.
- publication, use or distribution of any materials, products (including, without limitation, prizes) or services provided by or on behalf of the agency or advertiser, their agents and employees, including, without limitation, those arising from any Claims.
8. In consideration of the Publisher’s reviewing for acceptance, or acceptance of, any advertising for publication in the Magazine, the agency and advertiser agree not to make promotional or merchandising reference to the Magazine in any way without the prior written permission of the Publisher in each instance.
9. No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders or copy instructions which conflict with, vary, or add to these Terms and Conditions or the provisions of the Magazine’s Rate Card will be binding on the Publisher and to the extent that the Terms and Conditions contained herein are inconsistent with any such conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall govern and supersede any such conditions.
10. The Publisher has the right to insert the advertising anywhere in the Magazine at its discretion, and any condition on contracts, orders or copy instructions involving the placement of advertising within an issue of the Magazine (such as page location, competitive separation or placement facing editorial copy) will be treated as a positioning request only and cannot be guaranteed. The Publisher will attempt to keep the same running order of advertisements in the digital edition as they appeared in the print edition, but the Publisher does not make any adjacency guarantees or other promises regarding competitive separation of the positioning of any advertisements in the digital edition. The Publisher’s inability or failure to comply with any condition shall not relieve the agency or advertiser of the obligation to pay for the advertising.
11. The Publisher shall not be subject to any liability whatsoever for any failure to publish or circulate all or any part of any issue(s) of the Magazine because of strikes, work stoppages, accidents, fires, acts of God or any other circumstances not within the control of the Publisher.
- Agency commission (or equivalent): up to 20% (where applicable to recognized agents) of gross advertising charges after earned advertiser discounts.
Invoices are rendered on or about the on-sale date of the Magazine. Payments are due before issue with ad is released for publication. The Publisher reserves the right to change the payment terms to cash with order at any time. The advertiser and agency are jointly and severally liable for payment of all invoices for advertising published in the Magazine.
14. All pricing information shall be the confidential information of the Publisher and neither advertiser nor agency may disclose such information without obtaining the Publisher’s prior written consent.
15. Any and all negotiated advertiser discounts are only applicable to and available during the period in which they are earned. Rebates resulting from any and all earned advertiser discount adjustments must be used within six months after the end of the period in which they were earned. Unused rebates will expire six months after the end of the period in which they were earned.
- The Magazine is subject to DREAM TEEN Magazine’s standard 2014 issue-by-issue tally pricing system.
- Publisher reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions.
These Advertising Terms and Conditions were issued January 1, 2014.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADVERTISING
- Advertising accepted for publication is DREAM TEEN Magazine is subject to the conditions set out here and the rules applicable to advertising laid down from time to time by the council of the States. All advertisements placed in DREAM TEEN Magazine are subject to the Publisher’s approval and the Publisher may, refuse to accept to advertisement for publication if it believes the advertisement may infringe the rights of any individual or may not comply with all laws and regulations of the States and Territories.
- The Publisher accepts no responsibility in relation to any loss due to the failure of an advertisement to appear according to instructions. The positioning or placing of an advertisement within the accepted classification is at the discretion of DREAM TEEN Magazine except where specifically instructed and agreed upon by the publisher.
- DREAM TEEN Magazine reserves the right to promote advertisers in editorial format at DREAM TEEN Magazine’s own discretion.
- All photography and editorial copy for editorial and advertorial purpose remains the property of DREAM TEEN Magazine.
- All photography and editorial copy can be purchased from DREAM TEEN Magazine at advertising rates provided by the publisher (DREAM TEEN Magazine).
- Advertisement cancelled before the deadline will incur no penalty
- Advertisement cancelled on or after the deadline will be liable for 50% of the full amount agreed upon.
Rates and Credit Terms
- Rates are as per our booking form. Payment is to be made within 3 days from the date of invoice in order to secure the advertising space in the magazine.
- If booking for multiple issues, and paying per edition, initial deposit is due per above terms, further deposit/balance will be invoiced, via Paypal payments required.
- The publisher assumes that supplied/finished artwork is made to mechanical specifications as set out in the advertising proposal.
- DREAM TEEN Magazine is not held responsible for colour matching. Please note that with different paper stocks, colours may vary in printing. This is a process that is unavoidable and DREAM TEEN Magazine will not be held accountable for any colour variations.
RIghts of the Publisher
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement. All advertisements accepted are subject to the Publisher’s approval, without prejudice, in every respect with regard to material, layout or otherwise and may be modified or altered at the Publisher’s discretion if the material supplied is not in accordance with mechanical specifications.
- The Publisher takes no responsibility for incorrect placement of material provided by the Advertiser that is not accompanied by specific material instructions. The cost to the Publisher of making good any such material shall be paid by the Advertiser to the Publisher on demand.
- The Publisher shall not be responsible for any loss or damage consequent to the failure of an advertisement to appear in accordance with the instruction given by the Advertiser.
- All advertising material must be supplied to the Publisher in accordance with the mechanical specification by the Advertising Deadline. If material is not supplied by the Advertising Deadline, the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the most recent material. Alternatively, the Advertiser or his agent will be charged for the advertising space as contracted and the space will be filled at the Publisher’s discretion.
Indemnity & Warranty
- The advertiser agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified DREAM TEEN Magazine in respect of all liabilities, losses, damages, cost or expense whatsoever in relation to any claim, demand, action, suit or proceeding whatsoever brought by any third party arising out of in connection with any material published by DREAM TEEN Magazine on behalf of the advertiser.
- The advertiser warrants to DREAM TEEN Magazine that all advertising material and information to be submitted at or on behalf of the advertiser is such that is publication will not infringe the provision by any law or stature and will not give rise to any claim or right of action whatsoever against DREAM TEEN Magazine, whether at common law or stature.